Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12/5/2012 - Today was a Great Day

12/5/12 - We are now in the middle of Cletus' 4th straight month without a seizure and I still find myself checking to make sure he is breathing when he is sleeping.  I still feel the need to call him or get up to find him when he is out of my sight for more than 2 minutes to make sure he is not having a seizure.  I still am waiting for him to relapse at anytime.

I don't think these feelings will ever go away.  I have seen the medications slowly decrease in intensity too many times.  I have seen Cletus go through too many downturns.  I think I will always be on my toes, waiting for the other shoe to fall.

I have learned that all we can do is live for today and today was a good day... a great day.  We were able to go outside and play.  We were able to run around and chase sticks.  We were able to snuggle up on the floor and take a nap.  Today surely was a great day... a day spent with my best friend.



Thank you for your support,

Doug & Cletus
dsilber27@hotmail.com

No comments: